“MAKE EVERY BITE COUNT” PROGRAM: 1:1 Virtual Nutrition + Health Coaching Sessions
I’m happy you found me. You might be here because you are tired of yo-yo diets that never work. You have low energy with no motivation, or perhaps you need guidance in choosing the right foods for your body’s needs.
Are you feeling restricted and deprived from avoiding the foods you love? Do you find yourself eating mindlessly or when under stress? Not sure how many meals you should be eating in a day?
Meet me online via Skype, Zoom, Facetime or phone for 5 or 10 X 60 minute appointments to put a personalized plan in place for long-term results: This program teaches you to develop and break down goals so they are achievable. It teaches you to make conscious choices around mindful eating, to make every bite count. And, it shows you how to fire up your metabolism to burn fat instead of storing it.
Here is what our first 5 appointments might look like: (note that order of sessions might vary depending on your wellness goals)
We review your initial diet diary, intake forms, symptoms, medical history, lab test results, doctor’s orders
Current diet, medications and supplements
Your wellness goals (we begin to craft this together)
We discuss the program details and my 6 Golden Rules
You are given a few takeaways and accountability homework to get your wellness journey started right away
Food: & Mood Live Presentation: discover your triggers around your food choices, how to eat intuitively, and how to balance hormones, metabolism and mood through the right food choices
Start a Wellness Journal to track goals and diet diary
Emailed copies of goal setting worksheet and diet + lifestyle template
We put a plan in place with a list of foods to include, and foods to avoid, plus supplements
Discover what your optimal balanced meal will look like
We discuss meal planning, meal prep tips and grocery shopping
We map out the next steps in reaching your goals
Accountability and check-in session to review your diet diary from the previous week
A fitness and holistic lifestyle plan is created
Accountability and check-in session to review your diet diary from the previous week
We discuss the tools in your toolbox to keep moving forward in a healthy manner, without needing to diet again
A continuation of accountability, goal setting, and nutrition education to keep your wellness journey on track.
YOUR WELLNESS JOURNEY STARTS HERE Fill in a week’s worth of your current meals, fluids, and fitness and email it back to me. No judgement, this diet diary is an extension of your intake forms, and is simply for me to get a snapshot of your likes, dislikes, routine and habits. Download a copy here.
INVESTMENT: Purchase a set of 5 x 1 hour appointments to keep your goals within reach. $495 CAD/five sessions, or $900 CAD/ten sessions if you book them in advance. Contact me to schedule your appointments. You will be contacted for payment prior to your scheduled sessions.
Vancouver Lunch n’ Learn Seminars
Studies have shown that a workplace wellness program can:
- Reduce the number of absences
- Improve productivity and performance
- Build a happier workplace environment
- Encourage teamwork, support and collaboration
- Inspire employees to take better care of themselves while at work and off
- learn more about the measurable benefits of a workplace wellness program here
All through learning the ins and outs of proper nutrition, stress reduction and holistic health-boosting techniques that benefit the mind and body, you can improve your health and performance while at work.
Below are the various topics that I can bring in to your office, team building event or corporate retreat. These seminars can be booked individually or as a 6 part series at a discounted rate. Each class runs 60-75 minutes and a digital copy of my Healthy Little Bites recipe book will be emailed to all participants after the program. Some corporations I have presented my Workplace Wellness and Green Living seminars to are Inspire Health, Sterling Fence Co, UFCW union workers for Safeway Canada, Sobey’s and Kroger Foods, Capilano Community Services Society, Yyoga Vancouver, Fasken Law, and Nature’s Fare Markets.
- NUTRITION 101: THE BASICS: Confused about how food works in the body? We will go over how to read a nutrition label, how to combine foods for optimal digestion, essential nutrients to build balanced meals and more.
- WELLNESS IN YOUR OWN WORKPLACE: Let’s brainstorm together on ways to make your workplace environment more healthy. Is it a walking meeting? Maybe it’s a lunchroom vision board, an office challenge, or recipe binder. We will review ways to get all employees on board to green your office as a group. This class also allows for a 30min light outdoor exercise class. Bring a water bottle, towel and proper footwear.
- SETTING WELLNESS GOALS: Ever wonder why it’s so hard to stick to those New Year resolutions? Let’s define your wellness goal and break it down so it is realistic and attainable. Healthy, long term habits start here!
- BOOSTING IMMUNITY THROUGH NUTRITION: Here, we discuss the different types of illnesses that hit the office, how to protect yourself and boost immunity, naturally, through nutrition.
- BEYOND BAGELS: A HEALTHIER COFFEE BREAK: Make the most of your coffee breaks by learning which foods literally fuel your brain, stretches that wake up your body, mindful exercises and 5 minute meditation to ease stress, and discover ways to rejuvenate without coffee and sugary snacks.
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: What can you eat to optimize brain function? Learn about specific foods and supplements that enhance the structure of brain cells, lead to improved memory and performance. Plus, learn about which foods and lifestyle factors to avoid that can lead to cellular damage and memory loss.
- SAY NO TO SUGAR: Learn about the sugar addiction cycle, ways to beat it, and healthy alternatives to sugary snacks to fuel your brain and optimize energy through your work day.
- NATURAL ENERGY BOOSTERS: Beat the mid-day slump by setting yourself up with the right breakfast and snacks. We will analyze common breakfast foods, share healthy recipes, and talk about ways to sneak in some exercise while at work. This class also allows for a 30min light exercise class. Bring a water bottle, towel and proper footwear.
Eat For Your DNA
A diet-focused DNA test can give you insight into what foods you should be eating to support your genetic make up. The simple saliva test covers:
Diet Management: How your body burns fat, your sensitivity to carbohydrates, your cholesterol and blood sugar regulation, and your protein requirements to help determine your optimum diet.
Weight Response: Your body’s ability to control body mass index (BMI).
Food Tolerances: Your tolerances to alcohol, caffeine, salt, lactose, gluten and sugar cravings.
Food Taste and Preferences: Your preference for caffeine, carbohydrates, fats and protein. Your taste ability for bitter, salt, sweet tastes and smoking behaviour which can lead to over or under consumption.
Vitamins and Supplements: Your need for vitamins including vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin B9 (folate), vitamin B12, vitamin C, vitamin D and vitamin E. Your need for Calcium, Iodine, Iron, Omega 3 and Omega 6 supplements to stay healthy.
Once ordered, your test will be mailed to you with instructions. Simply supply the saliva swab and mail it back in the self-addressed envelope. Your results will be emailed to you in the form of a 70pg report, and your Nutritionist will set up a 30 minute phone call with you to review your results and give dietary suggestions.
DietPower Test + 30 minute Nutrition Consult
Sept 13/2019 @ NexGen Hearing: Nutrition for Brain Health
Sept 25/2019 @ Safeway Women’s Networking Group: Creativity and Innovation
Oct 29/2019 @ Centre for Active Living, White Rock: Boosting Immunity for the Winter Months
Nov 19/2019 @ Centre for Active Living, White Rock: All About Anti-Inflammatory Foods Book here
Feb 25/2020 @ Centre for Active Living, White Rock: Eating Smart: Nutrition and Lifestyle for Brain Health. Book here with program #38306
Mar 7/2020 Wellness Day @ Nature’s Fare Langley and White Rock: Stop by both locations to chat with me about booking a free Nutrition consultation. See store website for my schedule
Mar 17/2020 @ Centre for Active Living, White Rock: Show Your Heart Some Love: Diet and Lifestyle Strategies for Cardiovascular Health
Book here with program #38307
Online Wellness Talks on Health and Nutrition. See the schedule here
Live cooking segments on Instagram. Follow me for updates.